Saturday 22 March 2014

If I were really making N1.8m monthly…

money naira dollar
I have been on the scene long enough to see bullshit (pardon my French) and recognise it for what it is. Back in the early 2000s, we had scores of individuals promising people instruction on how to make millions of Naira monthly from the internet. I used to run a web host at that time, so that put me in a privileged position. You see, all of them needed web hosting to put up their websites – and a significant number came to host with us.
There was this guy who always rode commercial motorcycles to and from my office. He would come looking raggedy. He was the template for all the others. They were replicas of him to different degrees. It was all a big hustle: struggling individuals making claims about having made millions online and offering the secrets behind that to unsuspecting others.
Every time that you read or hear something like, “It is very easy to do. You do not need any special computer skills or qualifications. Anybody can do what I’m doing and start making as much as I’m currently making,” your alarms should go off. You are about to get conned. Somebody is about to make easy money off you.
So, this morning, when I saw a marketing pitch by someone claiming to make N600,000 in ten days, and now offering the awesome secret behind his success to others, I saw what it was: another scam. If I were making N600,000 in 10 days – that is N1.8 million in a month – I am pretty sure that I won’t be hustling a cheap report about it online.
Oh; and here is something: people who make bogus claims like that never last. None of those guys who were claiming to be making millions online monthly are anywhere to be found today. I am still here. Another gentleman that I respect from back in the day is Usiere Uko of Nigeria Galleria (which was hosted by my web host from the beginning). He is still here as well, as are others who have stayed diligent and working smart. There is no dirt easy way to make money online or offline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Skazyupdate

Wikipedia

Search results