Tuesday 17 June 2014

Terrible: How I was raped by my Fine Arts teacher – Victim narrates

by ‘Jola Sotubo
Nigeria_Police_logo
A teacher in Delta has been sentenced to spend the next 14 years in prison after he raped a student.
33‑year-old Godwin Onoyiwa was found guilty of the crime before a high court in the Effurun area of the state.
The convict was a teacher of fine arts in the Delta Career College in Warri when he lured the girl and had forced intercourse with her.
Vanguard reports:

Sentencing the teacher, Justice P. Onajite‑Kuejubola said the court found him guilty on a one-count charge of rape preferred against him.
The judge stated: “This act is a dastardly act that must be discouraged and it must not go unpunished. Male teachers whose parents entrust their wards in their care must desist from such act. I hereby sentence you to 14 years imprisonment with hard labour.”
Prosecution had, in proving its case, told the court that the offence was committed on September 23, 2008 after the usual extra lessons organised by the school for its students had closed for the day when the victim who was searching for her missing school bag was lured inside the teacher’s office. She was thereafter defiled by the randy teacher who overpowered her.
The rape victim (name withheld) in her evidence in chief told the court: “When I told him (teacher) that I was looking for my school bag, he asked me to wait in his office for him to get the keys to the classroom where my bag was. As I was waiting, he came and covered my mouth with his hands to prevent me from shouting and raped me. I even bit his hands.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Skazyupdate

Wikipedia

Search results